Immigration Accommodation in Aberdeen Canada
As a new immigrant arriving in Aberdeen one of the first tasks is to find short term and long-term accommodation in Aberdeen for you and your family.
Your first accommodation on arriving in Aberdeen may be temporary. This is ok, and is the route that most new migration arrivals in Aberdeen take. Some individuals opt of a good hostel or Serviced Accommodation in Aberdeen, while some are lucky enough to be able to stay with family or friends in the area.
Most new arrivals take a short-term rental while they look for something long term. As with any city, it’s always easier to find someplace new to live once you are already there and Aberdeen is no different.
Accommodation for newcomers in Aberdeen Canada guide
You’ve been through the stress and emotional roller coaster involved with securing a visa for Canada and you’ve chosen Aberdeen as your destination. It’s a charming place with plenty or heritage. Aberdeen is well known to be extremely welcoming to new migrants.
Finding Immigration Accommodation for Newcomers in Aberdeen Canada
Most searches begin with a search engine. Local papers in Aberdeen may well be online and of course, listing sites such as Craigslist and Rentfaster Aberdeen can be of great help.
What is the cost of short term accommodation in Aberdeen
The cost of short-term newcomer serviced accommodation in Aberdeen varies greatly depending on requirements and neighborhoods.
Lots of new arrivals to Aberdeen use Book Direct and Save to give them an indication of short term rental process in Aberdeen and also the option to book with confidence and security.
Rental accommodation in Aberdeen for newcomers
One you decide to rent an apartment or house there are certain things specific to Canada to keep in mind. For example, make sure to agree who pays for utilities, and who is responsible for removing snow!
Property owners and landlords will usually require payslips or proof of income, bank statements and occasionally they may require references from previous landlords although lots of new immigrants to Aberdeen were homeowners in their previous country. Sometimes it does help to already have secured employment in the greater Aberdeen area.
All renters in Aberdeen have rights, so you need to familiarize yourself with those rights before you sign any agreement. Thankfully there are a number of Organizations set up in Aberdeen to help. These are called Newcomer services and a list of these can be found here: newcomer service
Newcomer subletting in Aberdeen Canada
Sometimes when a renter leaves for a few months they will sublet their accommodation. Quite often they leave some furnishings behind and for some newcomers to Aberdeen this can be an ideal option, especially if you’ve yet to buy furniture or if your shipment is delayed.
Pros and Cons of Immigration Accommodation in Aberdeen Canada
Aberdeen is a popular destination for new migrants to Canada, offering a vibrant and diverse community, job opportunities, and access to quality education and healthcare. One of the most important decisions for new migrants is choosing the right accommodation option in Aberdeen. Here are the pros and cons of different accommodation options for new migrants arriving in Aberdeen:
Renting an Apartment or Condominium in Aberdeen
Pros of renting an apartment in Aberdeen as a newcomer
- Flexibility: Renting an apartment or condominium in Aberdeen provides a high degree of flexibility, allowing new migrants to choose the location and type of accommodation that best suits their needs and budget.
- Amenities: Most apartments and condominiums in Aberdeen come with a range of amenities, such as laundry facilities, parking, and fitness centers.
- No Maintenance: Renters are not responsible for any maintenance or repairs to the property, which can be a relief for new migrants in Aberdeen who are still adjusting to their new life in Canada.
Cons for renting accommodation in Aberdeen as a new immigrant to Canada
- Cost: Renting an apartment or condominium in Aberdeen can be expensive, especially in popular neighborhoods like downtown or near universities. The cost of renting also tends to rise quickly over time.
- Limited Space: Apartments in Aberdeen tend to be smaller than houses, which can make it challenging for immigrant families with children or those with large households.
- Landlord Dependence: Renters in Aberdeen are at the mercy of their landlords when it comes to issues like rent increases or maintenance requests.
Sharing a House or Apartment in Aberdeen
Pros of sharing a house as a new migrant to Aberdeen
- Cost: Sharing a house or apartment with roommates can be significantly cheaper than renting an entire place on your own. This can be a great option for new migrants who are on a tight budget.
- Social Connections: Living with roommates can provide an opportunity to meet new people and make friends in Aberdeen.
- Sharing Responsibility: Roommates can share responsibilities such as cleaning and groceries, making life a little easier for new migrants.
Cons of sharing a house as a new migrant to Aberdeen
- Limited Privacy: Sharing living spaces in Aberdeen with roommates means sacrificing privacy, which may not be ideal for everyone.
- Compatibility: Living with roommates in Aberdeen can be challenging if personalities clash or lifestyles differ significantly.
- Limited Control: Sharing a house or apartment in Aberdeen means that decisions about the property are made by all tenants, which can be difficult if everyone has different opinions.
Buying a House as a Newcomer to Aberdeen
- Investment: Buying a house in Aberdeen can be a smart investment, as property values tend to rise over time in Toronto.
- Long-term Stability: Owning a home in Aberdeen provides stability and the freedom to make changes or renovations as needed.
- Independence: Homeowners in Aberdeen have complete control over their property and can make decisions about maintenance and renovations.
- Cost: Buying a home in Aberdeen can be prohibitively expensive, especially for new migrants who may not have a long credit history or significant savings in Canada.
- Responsibilities: Homeowners in Aberdeen are responsible for all maintenance and repairs which can be a significant financial burden.
- Commitment: Buying a home in Aberdeen is a long term commitment that may not suit everyone’s lifestyle or plans.