Immigration Accommodation in Oakville Canada
As a new immigrant arriving in Oakville one of the first tasks is to find short term and long-term accommodation in Oakville for you and your family.
Your first accommodation on arriving in Oakville may be temporary. This is ok, and is the route that most new migration arrivals in Oakville take. Some individuals opt of a good hostel or Serviced Accommodation in Oakville, while some are lucky enough to be able to stay with family or friends in the area.
Most new arrivals take a short-term rental while they look for something long term. As with any city, it’s always easier to find someplace new to live once you are already there and Oakville is no different.
Accommodation for newcomers in Oakville Canada guide
You’ve been through the stress and emotional roller coaster involved with securing a visa for Canada and you’ve chosen Oakville as your destination. It’s a charming place with plenty or heritage. Oakville is well known to be extremely welcoming to new migrants.
Finding Immigration Accommodation for Newcomers in Oakville Canada
Most searches begin with a search engine. Local papers in Oakville may well be online and of course, listing sites such as Craigslist and Rentfaster Oakville can be of great help.
What is the cost of short term accommodation in Oakville
The cost of short-term newcomer serviced accommodation in Oakville varies greatly depending on requirements and neighborhoods.
Lots of new arrivals to Oakville use Book Direct and Save to give them an indication of short term rental process in Oakville and also the option to book with confidence and security.
Rental accommodation in Oakville for newcomers
One you decide to rent an apartment or house there are certain things specific to Canada to keep in mind. For example, make sure to agree who pays for utilities, and who is responsible for removing snow!
Property owners and landlords will usually require payslips or proof of income, bank statements and occasionally they may require references from previous landlords although lots of new immigrants to Oakville were homeowners in their previous country. Sometimes it does help to already have secured employment in the greater Oakville area.
All renters in Oakville have rights, so you need to familiarize yourself with those rights before you sign any agreement. Thankfully there are a number of Organizations set up in Oakville to help. These are called Newcomer services and a list of these can be found here: newcomer service
Newcomer subletting in Oakville Canada
Sometimes when a renter leaves for a few months they will sublet their accommodation. Quite often they leave some furnishings behind and for some newcomers to Oakville this can be an ideal option, especially if you’ve yet to buy furniture or if your shipment is delayed.
Pros and Cons of Immigration Accommodation in Oakville Canada
Oakville is a popular destination for new migrants to Canada, offering a vibrant and diverse community, job opportunities, and access to quality education and healthcare. One of the most important decisions for new migrants is choosing the right accommodation option in Oakville. Here are the pros and cons of different accommodation options for new migrants arriving in Oakville:
Renting an Apartment or Condominium in Oakville
Pros of renting an apartment in Oakville as a newcomer
- Flexibility: Renting an apartment or condominium in Oakville provides a high degree of flexibility, allowing new migrants to choose the location and type of accommodation that best suits their needs and budget.
- Amenities: Most apartments and condominiums in Oakville come with a range of amenities, such as laundry facilities, parking, and fitness centers.
- No Maintenance: Renters are not responsible for any maintenance or repairs to the property, which can be a relief for new migrants in Oakville who are still adjusting to their new life in Canada.
Cons for renting accommodation in Oakville as a new immigrant to Canada
- Cost: Renting an apartment or condominium in Oakville can be expensive, especially in popular neighborhoods like downtown or near universities. The cost of renting also tends to rise quickly over time.
- Limited Space: Apartments in Oakville tend to be smaller than houses, which can make it challenging for immigrant families with children or those with large households.
- Landlord Dependence: Renters in Oakville are at the mercy of their landlords when it comes to issues like rent increases or maintenance requests.
Sharing a House or Apartment in Oakville
Pros of sharing a house as a new migrant to Oakville
- Cost: Sharing a house or apartment with roommates can be significantly cheaper than renting an entire place on your own. This can be a great option for new migrants who are on a tight budget.
- Social Connections: Living with roommates can provide an opportunity to meet new people and make friends in Oakville.
- Sharing Responsibility: Roommates can share responsibilities such as cleaning and groceries, making life a little easier for new migrants.
Cons of sharing a house as a new migrant to Oakville
- Limited Privacy: Sharing living spaces in Oakville with roommates means sacrificing privacy, which may not be ideal for everyone.
- Compatibility: Living with roommates in Oakville can be challenging if personalities clash or lifestyles differ significantly.
- Limited Control: Sharing a house or apartment in Oakville means that decisions about the property are made by all tenants, which can be difficult if everyone has different opinions.
Buying a House as a Newcomer to Oakville
- Investment: Buying a house in Oakville can be a smart investment, as property values tend to rise over time in Toronto.
- Long-term Stability: Owning a home in Oakville provides stability and the freedom to make changes or renovations as needed.
- Independence: Homeowners in Oakville have complete control over their property and can make decisions about maintenance and renovations.
- Cost: Buying a home in Oakville can be prohibitively expensive, especially for new migrants who may not have a long credit history or significant savings in Canada.
- Responsibilities: Homeowners in Oakville are responsible for all maintenance and repairs which can be a significant financial burden.
- Commitment: Buying a home in Oakville is a long term commitment that may not suit everyone’s lifestyle or plans.