Understanding Family Sponsored Visas for Canada
There are great opportunities in Canada for Family Sponsored Visa types and it is for this reason that Canadian Immigration is one of the most popular Migration programs in the World.
The pathway is a simple one, if you are (or already have someone in Canada who is) a Citizen or Permanent Resident aged over 18 you can sponsor other family members to become Canadian Permanent residents.
The categories for sponsoring family members are:
- Spouse: Your husband or wife
- Partner: Canada recognizes partnerships of opposite or same sex as long as you have been cohabiting in a conjugal relationship for at least 12 months. We are Canada partner visa experts and will work with you to ensure that we satisfy all the requirements in proving your relationship.
- Conjugal partner: The same as Partner (above) except that in this instance the couple haven’t been able to live together because of ‘exceptional circumstances’.
- Dependent children: Before their 19th Birthday. If they are over 19 years of age we must prove ‘dependency’.
- Orphaned Brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons and other relatives of any age or relationship under exceptional conditions
Importantly the family sponsored visa for Canada includes the accompanying relatives of the above (for example, spouse, partner and dependent children).
Anyone over the age of 18 can act as a sponsor and sign a sponsorship agreement. This agreement will usually have provisions for an element of financial support (if required) and also says that the person being Sponsored to Canada will make every effort to sustain themselves. The declared financial provision lasts for three years for a spouse or partner and for every child for 10 years.
Leave your Family Sponsored Visa to us, we have assisted many thousands of applicants with their Canada Family Sponsored Visa and look forward to reuniting your family with one of the most progressive and welcoming Visa types in the Western World.
Take our free Canada visa assessment today to start the process.