Immigrate to Canada as a Retail Sales Supervisor
How to Immigrate to Canada as a Retail Sales SupervisorThis article describes in detail how to Immigrate to Canada as a Retail Sales Supervisor with or without a Job offer. There are thousands of Retail Sales Supervisors just like you emigrating to Canada next year. Find out how to join them.
Immigrate to Canada as a Retail Sales Supervisor in 2023
If you’re looking to immigrate to Canada as a Retail Sales Supervisor you’re in luck! Retail Sales Supervisors are in demand right across Canada and you may be able to secure a Canadian Permanent Residency Visa either with or without a job offer. If you are a Retail Salesperson and have been working as a Retail Sales Supervisor you may qualify to immigrate to Canada.
Migrate to Canada as a Retail Sales Supervisor
Every occupation on the Canada NOC List is assigned an immigration code and the code for those looking to emigrate to Canada as a Retail Sales Supervisor is 6211. This is also known as the NOC Code for a Retail Sales Supervisor.
No doubt you will have read online that having a job offer to move to Canada is a prerequisite to accessing the Express Entry process but as a Retail Sales Supervisor you also have other options to secure your Canada Visa from the start.
For starters, Retail Sales Supervisors are eligible to apply for Canada Immigration under the Canadian Government’s Immigration program due to the demand for Retail Sales Supervisors in Canada being so great they have included the occupation on the targeted occupations list, known as the NOC list (National Occupation Code In-Demand List).
The code for Retail Sales Supervisors on the NOC is 6211
This is great news for Retail Sales Supervisors the world over hoping to live and work in Canada.
Express Entry for Canada is not a visa class at all, it is simply the method (or database) that Canadian Immigration uses to select the right candidates for a permanent residency visa and in that case, as a Retail Sales Supervisor looking to immigrate to Canada we’ll be looking at the Federal Skilled Worker visa and Provincial Nominee program.
Retail Sales Supervisors from all over the world are eligible to make an Express Entry for Canada Residency providing they have the right skills, experience and qualifications in their home country.
Retail Sales Supervisors looking to move to Canada to work under this NOC category 6211, might be employed under work titles including:
- bakery supervisor – supermarket
- cashier supervisor – retail
- chief canvasser – retail
- customer service supervisor – retail
- delicatessen supervisor – food store
- delivery person supervisor
- department head, retail store
- department store supervisor
- department supervisor – retail
- door-to-door sales supervisor
- food store supervisor
- grocery clerk supervisor
- head cashier
- liquor store supervisor
- meat department supervisor
- newspaper delivery persons supervisor
- newspaper sales supervisor
- newspaper salesperson supervisor
- night crew leader – retail store
- price marker supervisor – retail
- produce department supervisor
- rental service supervisor
- retail store department head
- retail store supervisor
- route supervisor, retail sales
- sales clerk supervisor
- sales supervisor
- sales supervisor – retail
- stock clerks supervisor – retail
- stock supervisor – retail
- subscription sales team leader
- supermarket department supervisor
- supervisor – retail
- supervisor, cashiers – retail
- supervisor, delivery persons
- supervisor, door-to-door salespersons – retail
- supervisor, price markers – retail
- supervisor, sales clerks
- supervisor, stock clerks – retail
- supervisor, telemarketers
- supervisor, telephone sales clerks
- team leader, subscription sales
- telemarketer supervisor
- telemarketing services supervisor
- telemarketing supervisor
- telephone sales clerk supervisor
All these roles held by a Retail Sales Supervisor are eligible to apply under this specific NOC category of 6211.
Skills and Tasks to Immigrate to Canada as a Retail Sales Supervisor.
In general Retail Sales Supervisors moving to Canada will be able to demonstrate knowledge or experience of the following:
Retail Sales Supervisors perform some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise and co-ordinate sales staff and cashiers
- Assign sales workers to duties and prepare work schedules
- Authorize payments by cheque and the return of merchandise
- Sell merchandise to customers
- Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Maintain specified inventory and order merchandise
- Prepare reports regarding sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters
- Hire and train or arrange for the training of new sales staff.
Whilst the above is meant as a general guide do take our free online visa assessment for further information and be sure to list out your skills and qualifications in detail.
Emigrate Canada has a dedicated Retail Industry Workers desk that only represents Retail Industry Workers to immigrate to Canada. They understand your profession and can talk your language when it comes to explaining your immigration pathway and the route to securing a Canada Visa for you (and your family).
Qualifications required to Immigrate to Canada as a Retail Sales Supervisor
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Previous retail sales experience as a retail salesperson or sales clerk, cashier, telemarketer, door-to-door salesperson or rental agent is required.
We represent Retail Sales Supervisors from all over the World so regardless of your country of qualification feel free to contact us today for a full breakdown of your Canadian Immigration chances.
How to Immigrate to Canada as a Retail Sales Supervisor
The first stage in your Canadian immigration process is to calculate your Canada Immigration points for Express Entry using the Canadian Comprehensive Ranking System.
CRS Points are awarded for (amongst other things)
Your partner’s skills
As well as providing you with important CRS points these factors also count towards your overall Immigration Points score which must equal or exceed a total of 67
Take our free online visa assessment for an up to date report on whether you have enough points to immigrate to Canada as a Retail Sales Supervisor from both an Express Entry and Immigration points perspective.
Once you receive an ITA (Invitation to apply) from Canadian Immigration as a result of your Express Entry application you’ll only have 60 days in which to lodge a formal application so under no circumstances should you lodge an Express Entry application ‘claiming’ to have certain points without first having all of your points verified through different testing, education equivalence certificates and skilled worker assessments.
Once you are invited to apply for your Canada Visa you cannot go back and have these things verified retrospectively, they must be done before you claim any points for them and given that your express entry profile is only valid for one year it makes sense to present the best possible case right from the start.
Before you lodge your express entry we will help you through the process of having your qualifications and certificates verified as required by immigration.
Can I immigrate to Canada as a Retail Sales Supervisor without a job offer?
The answer is a resounding yes, providing you have a reasonable total CRS score on your Express Entry application and can meet the 67 immigration point threshold for your Canada Federal Skilled Worker Visa.
Technically there is no minimum CRS score required to submit a Retail Sales Supervisor Canada Express Entry profile.
Of course securing a job offer (documented in the right way for immigration purposes i.e. LMT) will give you an instant CRS boost of 200 points so it makes sense to start this process as soon as is practical.
Retail Sales Supervisor Jobs in Canada
Occupations on the Canada NOC list can be classed as being ‘in demand’ and the Retail Sales Supervisor code 6211 has been firmly established on the list for many years with lots of opportunity right across the country.
As a qualified new and highly skilled Permanent resident of Canada, you may work full time from day one. Waiting and Service Supervisor Jobs in Canada are often better paid than in the UK, Europe and Asia and Canadian employment law respects the work-life balance. The industry body for Retail Sales Supervisors is the UFCW.
Immigrate to Canada as a Retail Sales Supervisor