Immigrate to New Brunswick
How to Immigrate to New Brunswick
New Brunswick is one of Canada’s four Atlantic provinces and three maritime ones. It is bordered by Nova Scotia to the east, Maine (US) to the west, Quebec to the north, and Bay of Fundy and Chignecto Bay to the south. This province is also heavily forested and is covered by the Appalachians in its northern half.
These features give the province a continental climate which is characterized by temperate summers and cold snowy winters. But this is not all that makes New Brunswick special – it also has a booming labor market. As the province recovers from the recent economic issues, the unemployment rate is reducing and the number of full-time jobs available is increasing.
Immigration is on the rise in New Brunswick
Before 2021, immigration to New Brunswick was steadily increasing. In fact, the number of new permanent residents in the province increased from 2,580 in 2015 to 6,000 in 2019. And while the pandemic did reduce immigration by around 51.7% in 2020, 2021 was characterized by significant recovery.
While immigration to New Brunswick is still not as high as it was before, it is much more than it was at the start of the dacade.
How to Immigrate to New Brunswick
If you’re interested in immigrating to New Brunswick, the New Brunswick Nominee Program (BSNP) is the way to go. Under this program, there are 5 categories, each of which aims to attract immigration candidates who will meet the province’s specific labor and economic needs. These categories are:
New Brunswick Express Entry stream
This immigration stream is designed for candidates who are in the federal Express Entry pool and have the skills, work experience, and education required to boost the province’s economy. Within the Express Entry pool, profiles are assessed and scored on factors like age, adaptability, language skills, work experience, education, and the presence of a job offer.
Beyond that, the New Brunswick Express Entry stream requires eligible candidates to have:
- Intent to live in New Brunswick
- A connection to New Brunswick
- The necessary settlement funds
- Met the minimum qualifications of occupations categorized under NOC A, B or 0
New Brunswick Skilled Worker stream
This stream is for people aged between 19 and 55 years who want to live in New Brunswick and have a full-time permanent job offer from an employer in the province. To be eligible for this immigration category, you need to have:
- A genuine permanent full-time job offer in an occupation categorized under NOC 0, A, B, C, or D
- Proof that you’re qualified for the job offer you received
- Been offered a competitive wage
- Proof that you intend to live in New Brunswick
- Required licenses/certificates for job offers in regulated occupations
New Brunswick Skilled Worker stream for Truck Drivers
This is a worker stream specifically for truck drivers who have received a full-time permanent offer from a New Brunswick employer. To be eligible for this immigration stream, truck drivers need to have:
- Proof of intent to live in New Brunswick
- At least 2 years of work experience in the last 5 years with 6 months of experience in New Brunswick either on a post-graduation work permit or LMIA-supported work permit
- A valid New Brunswick Class 1 driving license
- Been offered a salary that is competitive with the province’s wage rates for the occupation
- Been hired by a business that has a physical location in New Brunswick and has been actively operating in the province under the same ownership for at least 2 years
New Brunswick Entrepreneurial stream
If you’re a professional who wants to move to New Brunswick and run a business there, this is the best immigration stream for you. To be eligible for this stream, you need to:
- Be between 22 and 55 years of age
- At least 2 years of post-secondary education
- Have proof of language proficiency in English or French – of at least CLB level 5
- Have proof of an eligible connection to the province
- Have a net worth of at least $600,000
- Own at least 33% of a New Brunswick business, investing at least $250,000
New Brunswick Postgraduate Entrepreneurial stream
This is for international graduates from New Brunswick post-secondary institutions that started or bought a business in the province and have been running it for at least a year. Eligible candidates need to:
- Be between 22 and 40 years of age
- Have a language proficiency of at least CLB level 7 in English or French
- Have the intent to permanently live in New Brunswick
- Have a valid post-graduation work permit
Editor in Chief - EmigrateCanada.com
Dr. Montague John (PhD), is one of the World’s leading Canadian Immigration experts. Affectionately known as “Monty” he established EmigrateCanada.com more than 25 years ago and it has grown to be one of the most reliable sources of Canada Immigration information.
In 2022 Dr. Montague John (PhD) published his book, “How to Immigrate to Canada” as EmigrateCanada.com, which featured as Bestseller in its Category for several weeks. Montague co-ordinates all the qualified contributors at EmigrateCanada.com and serves as Editor-in-Chief.