NOC 65100 Cashiers
Immigrating to Canada with the job code of Cashiers using the Express Entry Permanent Residency pathway requires that you correctly identify the National Occupation Classification (“NOC”) Code for your occupation.
The NOC code is the most important piece of information you require to immigrate to Canada. Without knowing your job classification or NOC code you are unable to work out your eligility to immigrate to Canada or make an application. The NOC is developed and maintained between Statistics Canada (STC) and Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).
The National Occupation Classification for Cashiers is Noc 65100.
Note: NOC 65100 Cashiers replaces NOC 6611. The new NOC structure for Cashiers uses the NOC Code 65100 and the Skill requirement of Short work demonstration and no formal educational requirements..
The level of demand in Canada for NOC 65100 is Above Average. This means that according to Statistics Canada, the role of Cashiers in Canada currently has more jobs advertised than available candidates.
Why Do I Need to Know the NOC Code for Cashiers?
Whenever applicants for Canadian Immigration are asked to identify work experience, they must do so on the requisite forms by stating the NOC code that best fits their employment, skills and experience. Some Canada immigration pathways are only open to applicants that have experience in occupations identified by very specific NOC codes.
Training, Education, Experience and Responsibility (TEER)
- The NOC structure for Cashiers uses the NOC Code 65100 and the Skill requirement of Short work demonstration and no formal educational requirements..
- The TEER level for 65100 is Short work demonstration and no formal educational requirements..
Employment Description for 65100 Cashiers
To be able to use National Occupation Classification 65100 your work history and experience should closely match the following description:
- “Cashiers operate cash registers, optical price scanners, computers or other equipment to record and accept payment for the purchase of goods, services and admissions. They are employed in stores, restaurants, theatres, recreational and sports establishments, currency exchange booths, government offices, business offices and other service, retail and wholesale establishments.”
Canada Visa Options for NOC 65100
There are a number of Canada Visa options for NOC 65100 including:
- Federal Skilled Visas
- Canadian Experience Class
- Provincial Nomination
Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) which use the NOC 65100
NOC code 65100 is used for Provincial Nomination in following streams:
- PNP Skilled Worker streams
- PNP Semi-Skilled Worker streams
- PNP Graduate streams
- PNP Family Sponsorship streams.
Confused by National Occupation Codes and Canada Visas?
Take our FREE ONLINE Visa Checker for some help in finding your NOC Code Canada Visa Options available to you.