Nursing Jobs in Canada
There are currently over 4,000 nursing jobs in Canada available to both domestic nurses and those with International Qualifications. Nursing is on the Canada NOC List with the code
NOC: 3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
This means that if your role is Registered Nurse of any specialization then you are potentially Wanted in Canada.
Canada is accepting over 1million new skilled migrants over the next couple of years all in different Permanent Residency Visa categories such as:
- Federal Skilled Worker Visa for Nurses
- Provincial Nomination Visa for NOC 3012 Nurses in Canada
Ask specific nursing Jobs Canada questions below:
With any number of professional nursing specializations potential applicants can rest assured there are Nursing Jobs in Canada (3012) covering a wide area of Nursing Roles including:
- Ambulatory care nurse
- Bedside nurse
- Burn patient care nurse
- Burn victim care nurse
- Cardiac surgery nurse
- Cardiology nurse
- Cardiology nurse technician
- Casual duty nurse
- Circulating nurse
- Clinic nurse
- Clinical nurse specialist
- Consultant nurse
- Contagious disease transmission prevention nurse
- Coronary intensive care nurse
- Coronary unit nurse
- Dialysis nurse
- Doctor’s office nurse
- Emergency nurse
- First aid nurse
- Float nurse
- General duty nurse
- General duty nurse – psychiatry
- Geriatric care nurse
- Geriatric nurse
- Gerontology nurse
- Graduate nurse
- Graduate nurse – doctor’s office
- Graduate nurse – occupational health
- Graduate nurse – physician’s office
- Graduate private duty nurse
- Hemodialysis nurse
- Home care neuroscience nurse
- Home care nurse
- Hospital hygiene nurse
- Hospital hygienist – nursing
- Hospital nurse
- Independent practice – registered nurse
- Industrial nurse
- Infection control co-ordinator – hospital
- Infection control nurse
- Infection control officer – hospital
- Infection surveillance nurse
- Intensive care unit (ICU) nurse
- Liaison nurse
- Medical intensive care nurse
- Mental health nurse
- Nephrology and kidney transplantation nurse
- Nephrology and renal transplantation nurse
- Nephrology nurse
- Neuroscience nurse
- Nurse – birthing room
- Nurse consultant
- Nurse counsellor
- Nurse technician
- Nursing adviser
- Nursing counsellor
- Nursing evaluator
- Nursing researcher
- Nursing researcher – nurse
- Nursing technician
- Obstetrics nurse
- Occupational health nurse consultant
- Occupational medicine nurse
- Office nurse
- On-call nurse
- Oncology nurse
- Operating room (OR) nurse
- Out-patient clinic nurse
- Outpost nurse
- Outreach nurse
- Palliative care nurse
- Pediatric intensive care nurse
- Pediatric nurse
- Perinatal care nurse
- Physician’s office nurse
- Primary care nurse
- Primary nurse
- Private care nurse
- Psychiatric and mental health nurse
- Psychiatric nurse
- Public and community health nurse
- Public health nurse consultant
- Recovery room nurse
- Red Cross nurse
- Registered community health nurse
- Registered industrial nurse
- Registered nurse – call centre
- Registered nurse – contact centre
- Registered nurse – independent practice
- Registered nurse – public and community health
- Registered nurse – telehealth
- Registered public health nurse
- Respiratory care nurse
- Respiratory nurse specialist
- School health nurse
- School nurse
- Scrub nurse
- Staff nurse
- Surgical intensive care nurse
- Telehealth registered nurse
- Triage nurse
- Victoria Order nurse
- Victorian Order of Nurses (VON) nurse
- Visiting nurse
- Ward nurse
- Youth centre nurse
What roles are nursing jobs in Canada
General Registered Nurses:
- Assess patients to identify appropriate nursing interventions
- Collaborate with members of an interdisciplinary health team to plan, implement, co-ordinate and evaluate patient care in consultation with patients and their families
- Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician or according to established policies and protocols
- Monitor, assess, address, document and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions
- Operate or monitor medical apparatus or equipment
- Assist in surgery and other medical procedures
- May supervise licensed practical nurses and other nursing staff
- May develop and implement discharge planning process on admission of patients
- May teach and counsel patients and their families on health-related issues in collaboration with other health care providers.
Occupational health nurse job sin Canada
- Develop and implement employee health education programs and provide registered nursing care in private businesses and industry.
Community health nurse jobs in Canada
- Provide health education and registered nursing care in public health units and through home visits, manage complex home care cases, participate in community needs assessment and program development, conduct disease screening and deliver immunization programs.
- Provide nursing care, supportive counselling and life skills programming to patients in psychiatric hospitals, mental health clinics, long-term care facilities and community-based settings.
- Provide consultative services to institutes, associations and health care organizations regarding issues and concerns relevant to the nursing profession and nursing practice.
- Engaged in research activities related to nursing, as self-employed or as employed by hospitals, public and private organizations and governments.
- Provide leadership, advice and counsel on the provision of research-based care for specific patient groups within the care of particular health care organizations.
Employment requirements for nursing jobs in Canada
- Completion of a university, college or other approved registered nursing program is required.
- Additional academic training or experience is required to specialize in a specific area of nursing.
- A master’s or doctoral degree in nursing is usually required for clinical nurse specialists, clinical nurses, nursing consultants and nursing researchers.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required in all provinces and territories.
Registered psychiatric nurses
- Completion of a university or college registered psychiatric nursing program is required.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia and the Yukon.
Important Information for Nurse Jobs in Canada
- Nurses trained exclusively as registered psychiatric nurses (RPN) are regulated in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. In all other provinces and territories, registered nurses (RN) may work as psychiatric nurses without separate registration.
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses may progress to supervisory and managerial positions with experience.
Search Nurse Jobs in Canada
Title: Immigrate to Canada as a Nurse
Author: Monty @ Emigrate Canada, the Canadian Immigration Expert
Immigrate to Canada as a Nurse
Average rating: 6 reviews
Jan 10, 2022
Ce sanse de a lucra in Canada au asistentii medicali care nu sunt inregistrati
Jan 1, 2022
Cómo trabajar en Canadá cómo enfermera
hello, I am a Cuban nurse with an anesthesia profile, I have 30 years of experience, 19 of them working at the National Institute of Oncology and Radiobiology of Cuba, I am interested in working in Canada,how can I do it?
Nov 27, 2021
Trabajar en Canadá Como enfermero registrado
Buenos días soy de Panamá, tengo 13 años de experiencia laboral, en área de cuidado intensivos, soy enfermero registrado y con interés en trabajar en Canadá.
Nov 27, 2021
Trabajar como enfermero registrado en Canadá
hola interesado en trabajar en Canadá soy de Panamá y soy enfermero registrado, con 13 años de experiencia.
Oct 24, 2021
Am a Ugandan nurse with over ten years experience willing to move to Canada for a nurse job.
Can you advice and get me a Visa sponsorship?
Aug 19, 2020
Thank You For Your Assistance
Thank you to Jon for his help today and I know he has put me forward for some interesting Nursing jobs in Canada. Fingers Crossed!