Immigrate to Canada as an Office Worker

Post Graduation Work Permit

Post Graduation Work Permit


The Post Graduation Work Permit enables international students to gain Canadian work experience while completing their training program at a Canadian educational institution. The degree must lead to a diploma, degree or certificate, and international students must have completed a further education at least one year after school in order to be admitted to the Post Graduation Work Permit.


The duration of the PGWP Permit ultimately depends on the length of your studies in Canada, but online courses are not usually required if you are a Post Graduation Work Permit student.


A new international student can start his program and qualify for a Post Graduation Work Permit provided he arrives in Canada before and has completed a qualifying training program lasting at least two years. This work experience offers a big advantage when applying for federal or state immigration (which 60 percent of international students plan to do). Former international students receive the Canada Experience Class (CEC) and the Canadian International Student Program.




In addition to the Federal Program, there is a PNP program to facilitate the transition to permanent residence for former international students. This will allow more of them to apply for permanent residency through an Express Entry draw than ever before. This is a great opportunity for international students who wish to apply for Canadian immigration.


International students will also support economic activity by increasing the taxes they pay as workers. This will be a boon to the Canadian economy, as the tuition and fees they will pay will help to preserve jobs at colleges and universities in CanadaInternational students who have received a permit before March 18 are still unable to enter Canada, and the IRCC says it will notify new students when they can return to Canada. The newly announced reforms will provide new permits for international students in the coming weeks, but the new permit is still being processed, according to a statement.


You’ve read about the PGWP now check out:


Canada Immigration


Express Entry


Jobs in Canada


Life in Canada


Editor in Chief - at | Website | + posts

Editor in Chief -

Dr. Montague John (PhD), is one of the World’s leading Canadian Immigration experts. Affectionately known as “Monty” he established more than 25 years ago and it has grown to be one of the most reliable sources of Canada Immigration information.

In 2022 Dr. Montague John (PhD) published his book, “How to Immigrate to Canada” as, which featured as Bestseller in its Category for several weeks. Montague co-ordinates all the qualified contributors at and serves as Editor-in-Chief.